Worship 10 am Sanctuary
** No Bible Study on Aug 5th **
Bible Study 10 am
Meet outside behind the building near Entrance B (southwest side).
Please bring your own lawn chair.
Our building is closed during the week and social-distancing guidelines will remain in place until further notice.
During the stay at home order, Carolyn worked from home on Fridays making phone calls to folks who we don’t often see out and about. Since Sunday Worship has
resumed, Carolyn is back working in the office on Fridays.
We are now seeking people who would be willing to make phone calls to check in on some of our folks. If this is something you would be willing to do, please call the church office (832-9441) or Pastor Kristen (810-252-4547).
We are all aware that last week tragedy struck when the Edenville and Sanford dams failed, and many people were evacuated due to impending flood waters. We are always quick to respond to disaster, but this one is close to home and for many of us, directly affects someone we know. As always, the United Methodist Church responded and was on scene to help immediately. While there has not been a call for volunteers there has been a call for supplies and donations. The Michigan Conference Disaster Response Team has been working with the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) to address the needs and create a plan for help. If you would like to learn more about how you can help or where you can donate visit:
You can also mail a check to the following address:
Michigan Conference Ministry Center North
1161 East Clark Rd. Suite 212
Dewitt, MI 48820
Ways to Help During the Covid-19 Pandemic
1. Church of the First Born is doing an excellent job feeding the people of our community, but they are struggling to have enough food. They are serving breakfast and lunch daily 10 am to 4 pm as well as dinner on Mondays from 5 pm to 7 pm. Items can be dropped off at their door at meal time.
2. Do you sew? If you do I bet you have a fabric stash. Our local hospitals are requesting help with face masks. See the church Facebook Page for the specifications for the masks needed.
3. Let us know if you see a need. With the “stay at home” order it can be hard for church leadership to know what the needs are in our community. If you see a place where we could be Christ’s hands and feet let us know. We need to be creative, resourceful and careful. Look after yourself, look after your neighbors, and pray for all.
4. Perhaps the simplest, but most important, CALL PEOPLE. Check in on everyone. Our more vulnerable people are being checked on, but this can be a lonely time for all of us. Dust off those church directories and call some people just to say hi. Knowing that people are thinking about you can be incredibly helpful.
5. Church of the Nazarene is offering “Drive Through” meals at 5:30 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Assistance with goods needed for those meals would be welcomed.
6. Demand at our local food pantry is high: your gifts of food or cash are gratefully received there. The Food Pantry is open every Tuesday from 10:00 am to 1:30 pm at St Philip Neri Catholic Church.
7. Mask Makers Needed--One of the changes that will most likely occur when we come back together is that it will be recommended, if not required, that we all wear masks. With this in mind we would like to have a supply available for people who come to our building who may not have access to masks. We deeply appreciate anyone who may be willing to help by sewing masks. If you need a pattern please call or email Pastor Kristen.
Monthly Group Gatherings inside our building are "on hold" until we can safely meet again.
1st Sunday of the Month
Cinnamon Rolls available - Your donation will support RCUMC and local ministries.
2nd Tuesday of the Month
WOMEN'S GROUP 10am.
All ladies of the church are invited to our meetings and are encouraged to bring a friend.
2nd Wednesday of the Month at Noon
AARP Potluck FH
3rd Thursday of the Month 2-3 pm
Mid Michigan Community Action Agency Commodity Food Distribution in parking lot.
3rd Thursday of the Month
YOUNG at HEARTS
2nd and 4th Saturday of each Month -
9 am The Forge -- Men's Group FH